Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Yummy Lunch...




When you have a day that starts out like this..


And ends up like this...


Well, you just want something warmish for lunch, right? So here's the story of my very own recipe for Vitamix Creamy Tomato Soup


I didn't have what the vitamix recipes called for, so I combined several recipes to make my own:

1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 medium onion
1/2 fuji apple
1/4 cup canned diced tomatoes
1/4 cup milk
sprinkle of garlic powder
pinch of dried parsley
1/4 cup of grated cheeses (I used Monterrey jack, cheddar, and parmigiana)

Place all ingredients except cheese in the blender. Start on variable one and quickly move up to variable ten, then turn on high for 7 minutes, or until steam comes out of the lid.
Then, turn down to variable 4, remove the top part of the lid, and add cheeses, blending for an additional 15 seconds.
Pour into a bowl, sprinkle with dried parsley. Makes one serving with a little left over if you're really hungry! I was full after one bowl, though.
Delicioso!

No comments:

Post a Comment